About Nicola (BMT.DIP, ITEC, CThA, ZBAUK)
Nicola holds full insurance as a registered therapist (EMBODY UK) and is an accredited teacher with ICNM
Nicola has extensive experience in the field of touch, bodywork, & movement. Her interest in physical theatre and improvisation led to a study of integrative massage and since 1996 her studies have continued in Thai Massage, Deep Bodywork, Zero Balancing and Yoga & Movement. Nicola works with a wide variety of clients of all ages; from babies to the elderly, and with all abilities - from yoga teachers and athletes to those with severe physical disabilities and with special learning needs.
Nicola began working in London where she was part of North London's Triyoga Clinic and was a therapist and teacher at The Disabilty Foundation in Stanmore Orthopedic Hospital. In 2006 she moved to Hastings, East Sussex, where she set up private practice and taught yoga at Autism Sussex. In additionl to this she delivered LifeSkills workshops and training sessions for Hastings Council and what is now The Egg Tooth Youth Project. As a result of that project she developed her bodywork alongside Equine Affinity which offers Equine Assisted Learning programmes for special needs clients, therapists and business schools. Her first book, Thai Massage was published by Lorenz, in 2004. It has been re-published twice and is now available in paperback as Thai Massage Step by Step.
She now lives in Nunney, Somerset with her young family is running Bodywisdom School UK in Bath and Bristol. Her private practice continues from her home studio, BA11 4NR
- OsteoThai for breathing with David Lutt. September 2015. Bristol
- "Advanced Zero Balancing" with Fritz Smith, July 2014
- Yoga for The Special Child with the Special Yoga Centre, London. May 2013
- Pulsing Master Class & Teacher Training with Silke Ziehl. The Open Centre. January-September 2010
- " Field Work" Advanced Zero Balancing with Fritz Smith. July 2010
- Yoga from Within. Study Retreat with Angela Farmer & Victor Van Kooten, Eftalou. October 2009
- Zero Balancing for Pregnancy with Richard & Karen Walters. February 2009.
- " Freely Moveable Joints" Advanced Zero Balancing with Fritz Smith. July 2007
- Zero Balancing Skills Workshop with Jeff Lennard. April 2007.
- Advanced Yoga Studies:Yoga teacher training programme with Donna Farhi & Faculty, Vancouver (170hrs). August 2006
- Core Zero Balancing Workshops I & II: Auckland. February 2005; London. November 2005
- Deep Bodywork Foundation with Silke Ziehl Open Centre, London. July 2003-March 2004
- OsteoThai General with Arno, Sunshine House, Greece. 2004
- Pulsing Foundation with Silke Ziehl. The Open Centre. May–November 2003
- Further and Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate: City & Guilds 7307, Stage 2. The City Lit. January - July 2002
- Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training at Sivananda Vedanta Centre, India. (200hrs) January 2003
- Lifesaver First Aid Course for Adults & Lifesaver First Aid Course for Babies & Children: St. John’s Ambulance. February 2003
- Yoga for Pregnancy workshops with Lolly & John Stirk. November 2003. Lolly has been a child-birth educator and yoga teacher for the past 20 years, her style of teaching supports the work done by the Active Birth Movement.
- Baby Massage Teacher’s Training with Peter Walker. February - March 2002
- Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage Diploma (ITEC). Morley College. Feb-May 2000
- Therapeutic Massage Diploma. BodyMind Therapeutics, Leeds. May-December 1997
Traditional Thai Yoga Massage Teacher Training
- Sunshine Network, Thailand & England. January 1998, Jan-April 1999 & Dec 2000-February 2001. Extensive training with Asokananda (author of The Art of Traditional Thai Massage)
- Advanced Practitioner training with Pichet Boonthumme, former head of the Old Chiang Mai Teaching Hospital, March 1999.
- Osteothai general training with Arno in Greece, 2004 and Osteo for the breathing mechanism with David in Bristol, 2015