Foundation Massage Course
Mindful Massage ~ a foundation course in Thai Yoga Massage
This 6-day course in mindful massage and movement offers an experience of meditation and profound relaxation in both the giving and receiving of touch. This ancient healing art combines the Buddhist teachings of compassion alongside the physical practice of Yoga asana.
NB: this academic year, Mindful Massage will only be offered within the context of the full Diploma training in Spring 2019. New foundation course to be confirmed for Autumn/Winter 2019. Please email here if you are specifically interested in this course
During the course you will learn how to:-
- Touch with confidence and awareness
- Use your whole body to work effectively, efficiently and safely
- Move with the power and support of the breath
- Enhance energy flow within the body
- Develop your quality and presence in giving and receiving
- Give a balanced massage working in prone, supine and seated position
Who is the course for?The course is open to everybody. Whether you are a complete beginner to massage and want to learn a skill to share with family and friends or you are an experienced practitioner in another modality (e.g. counselling, psychotherapy, dance, martial arts or yoga) and wish to enhance your skill-base, this course is for you. All are welcome.
This module (or the equivalent with another teacher or school) is a pre-requisite for the professional diploma course.